Certificate in Health Support
Certificate in Health Support VRE017
Work in support of Health Professionals
This course is a step below being a nurse or health practitioner; but will provide valuable knowledge and skills that are in demand across a wide range of positions that support health services.
Health Services are more Diverse than Ever Before!
Going to the doctor should never be under rated; particularly with chronic and persistent complaints; but many people do patronise all sorts of other services for preventative or supplementary health care.
Doctors are also supported by a more diverse range of support services than ever before; from the people who manufacture and supply mendical services and equipment, to the many specialist services that cater to everything from nutritional counselling to laboratory testing.
This course provides a unique opportunity to develop a unique mix of knowledge and skills which are valuable in the health industries.
It may lead to employment in such things as: medical administration, receptionist for a doctor, physiotherapist, chiropractor or naturopath; medical sales and marketing positions, assistant, attendant or paramedical support positions.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Certificate in Health Support.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (Human Biology 1A) BSC101
- Medical Terminology BSC109
- Office Practices VBS102
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 3 of the following 15 modules.
- Anatomy II (Human) BSC112
- Bookkeeping Foundations BBS103
- Fitness Risk Management VRE104
- Management VBS105
- Physiology II (Human) BSC111
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health BPS214
- Computer Servicing I VIT203
- Developmental Psychology BPS210
- Managing Mental Health in Adults BPS216
- Therapeutic Nutrition BRE211
- Cardiorespiratory Performance (Human Biology III) BSC301
- Horticultural Therapy BHT341
- Professional Practice For Consultants BBS301
- Psychopharmacology (Drugs & Psychology) BPS302
- Weight Loss Consultant BRE307
Note that each module in the Certificate in Health Support is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
For more information, request your free info pack today!