Learning Cloud is a subsidiary of Learning Cloud Ltd.
Respecting information privacy
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information. We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1993, including the National Privacy Principles, and applicable privacy regulations.
Problems or Questions
For more information about privacy issues in Ireland and protecting your privacy, visit the Privacy Commissioner's website.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information:
- Information, such as your name, email, other contact details, addresses, gender, industry, occupation and personal interests and any other information that you provide us or our service providers by using or subscribing to our products or services including:
- registering to use the Websites or parts of them through ;
- logging in to use our Websites via your social networking site ("SNS") account and any information provided by that SNS to enable you to register or log into our website and use the requested service from time to time;
- filling in forms on the Websites or websites of our service providers e.g. the 1Form online rental application;
- contacting us or our service providers for any reason including reporting a problem with the Websites, requesting further services or completing our surveys;
- posting or contributing material on our Websites; or
- applying for credit.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites including any competitions or promotions.
- Details of your visits to and behaviour on the Websites including, but not limited to your IP address, Cookie information, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Information about you that we obtain from service providers or third parties.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- ensure that content from the Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide a better service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on our Websites by which you make enquiries;
- combine your personal information with information that we have collected from our service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons in order to provide you with a better or more personalised experience and to improve the quality of our services;
- personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on our Websites or the websites of our service providers and business partners. This may include displaying targeted advertisements based on your personal information;
- respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or our Websites;
- verify your identity when you register or log into our Websites via your LMS account;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username;
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services;
We may also use your personal information to:
- provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- provided that if we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
Disclosure of your Personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Third party suppliers:
- who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, for the purposes of helping us provide you with the requested goods or services or so that they can contact you in relation to the goods or services; or
- so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in future.
- Where we have disclosed your personal information to third party suppliers for the above purposes, we have used reasonable endeavours through contractual arrangements to ensure compliance by the third party supplier with the Privacy Act 1993.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
- we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- we believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
Storage, Security and Processing
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our Websites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us from our online products and services or otherwise collected by us. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Transfer of Personal Information outside Australia
Personal information submitted by Learning Cloud's customers and visitors to our Websites may be held on servers located in Australia, New Zealand or in the data centres of Learning Cloud's outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia,New Zealand, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. The purposes of transfer of data outside of New Zealand are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data. Learning Cloud has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data intra-group, has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors and has implemented contractual arrangements intra-group and with its outsourced data processors in accordance with Privacy Act 1996. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to the transfer of personal information outside of New Zealand for the purposes described above.
Correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you can contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Cookies and Web Beacons
'Cookies' are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to that website.
Cookies are industry standard and are used by most websites, including our Websites and are useful because they allow:
- a website to recognise a user's device to enable more efficient navigation of the website, remember preferences and generally improve a user's experience;
- customisation and personalisation of advertising presented to you based on your interests which are determined by your actions such as the pages you view, the links you click, the search terms you enter using search engines, the products and services you use on our Websites including registrations with Learning Cloud; and
- compilation of analytical data to improve site performance and monitor traffic, measure the effectiveness of products, services, website usage and auditing.
Applications, widgets or links to other websites