Nursery Sales Assistant
Nursery Sales Assistant VHT103
UNIQUE NURSERY SALES COURSE
Our Nursery Sales Assistant Course has recently undergone a major update to Sales Skills in a nursery section. Many nursery sales assistants are passionate about plants, but lack the necessary sales skills to boost sales. Others have a good selling ability but lack the plant knowledge needed to assist customers and really ‘sell’ the product.
The Nursery Sales Assistants course has been developed to provide the necessary balance between plant knowledge and sales skills. Your staff will learn all about plant identification, plant care, how to advise customers and all about important sales secrets that will boost your bottom line. This course will train staff on how to ‘open’ and most importantly, ‘close’ a sale!
There are 5 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Plant Identification: Understanding plant classification and pronunciation of plant names.
- Sales Skills: Determining different types of customers; developing the communication skills to sell, including how to open and close a sale.
- Caring for Plants: Planting techniques, understanding soils, plant nutrition and pest management.
- Selecting the Right Plant for the Right Place: How to create different moods using plants.
- Advising Customers in a Nursery: Developing good communication skills, knowing your product, plant placement.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Identify a sales opening.
- Identify and demonstrate how to 'close' a sale.
- Demonstrate a range of sales skills in a horticultural workplace
- Identify a range of different plants, based on their flower and leaf structures.
- Describe the importance of effective communication and sales techniques in the retail nursery industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to care for plants, both in the garden and in the nursery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate plant selection for a range of different sites.
- Identify a range of plant health problems and describe appropriate chemical and non-chemical control methods to control those problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of nursery products.
- Describe the importance of plant placement in the retail nursery.
Request your free info pack today!