Certificate in Environmental Studies
Certificate In Environmental Studies VEN002
Study ecology, environmental assessment, wildlife management, environmental restoration and electives including earth science, botany and environmental waste management.
- Get experience as well as knowledge -network, observe, learn.
- In this industry, getting a qualification is not as important as what many people think.
- There are lots of opportunities; BUT there are also lots of unemployed environmental science graduates
- What is important is....a/ Get the sort of skills that employers (or clients) want; b/ Be prepared to do anything at first to break into the industry and get some experience; c/ After study, continue to develop extra reasons for people to employ you (such as communication and management skills, networking with industry, plant and animal identification skill, etc)
This is an excellent foundation course for understanding key environmental principles and issues. This course may provide an entry point to getting a job or a first step towards the higher qualifications needed to work as an Environmental Manager or Consultant.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Certificate In Environmental Studies.
- Introduction To Ecology BEN101
- Conservation and Environmental Management BEN201
- Wildlife Management BEN205
- Environmental Assessment BEN301
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 2 of the following 6 modules.
- Alternative Energy VSS102
- Botany I (Plant Physiology And Taxonomy) BSC104
- Earth Science BEN204
- Environmental Waste Management BEN202
- Trees For Rehabilitation (Landcare Reafforestation) BHT205
- Wildlife Conservation BEN206
Note that each module in the Certificate In Environmental Studies is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Request your free info pack today!