Food and Beverage Management
Food and Beverage Management BTR102
Learn to Manage Food and Beverage Services
...maybe to start a restaurant or catering business, or find a job in the food service industry.
This course develops an excellent and sound foundation for working in a restaurant, catering or other food service enterprise. Topics covered vary from kitchen and food management to planning a menu, restaurant staffing and waiter/waitress skills.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Human Food and Nutrition
- This covers all the major food groups and their importance in a nutritional diet. Also including factors in nutrition from compatibility and range of ingredients through to healthy cooking and eating methods.
- Study various cooking methods for a variety of different foods, covering both palatability and digestibility through to the nutritional value in processing foods.
- Kitchen & Food Management
- Learn to maximise efficiency and service through proper management of kitchen facilities, including the handling of food storage and preparation, hygiene and ethics.
- Planning A Menu
- Study menu planning for the needs of special groups in different situations, including children; adolescents; elderly people; expectant and nursing mothers; immigrants; vegetarians and other health related diets.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Learn how to provide adequate variety and product knowledge in order to manage the provisions of alcoholic beverages appropriately for different situations.
- Tea, Coffee and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- This lesson provides an understanding of non-alcoholic beverages available in the catering industry and how they should be made and served.
- Scope & Nature Of Catering Services
- Learn to understand the differences in appropriate management and catering for a variety of situations from pubs to a-la-carte.
- Personnel Management
- Study waiting skills, staffing a restaurant, kitchen etc. This lesson covers the management of people in the food and restaurant industry, including training programs, job specifications, recruitment etc.
- Management Of Catering Services
- By consolidating the skills developed throughout this course you are given a comprehensive understanding of marketing through to food purchasing in order to effectively manage in the food and beverage industry.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Request your free info pack today!