Learn to produce windows applications using the .Net framework.
Note: Students need access to a computer with either Visual Studio.NET or Visual Basic.NET installed.
A new approach to building windows software
The .NET Framework simplifies Windows software development. It provides developers with a single approach to build both desktop applications - sometimes called ‘smart client applications’ - and Web-based applications. It also enables developers to use the same tools and skills to develop software for a variety of systems ranging from handheld smart phones to large server installations.
Software built on the .NET Framework can be easier to deploy and maintain than conventional software. Applications can be designed to automatically upgrade themselves to the latest version. The .NET Framework can also minimize conflicts between applications by helping incompatible software components coexist.
What you will get out of this course:
- Understanding of the basic concept of computer programming and how it fits in with the .NET framework.
- Understanding how computer programs store values and how they are accessed.
- Understanding how conditional statements are used to affect the flow of a program.
- Learn how to create, read and write files used by your VB.NET application. Also understand how to send information to a printer.
- Understanding the basics of controls and objects.
- Understanding the benefits of using modules to structure your program.
- Understanding properties, methods and events and how they are used in classes.
- Understanding how inheritance is used in VB.NET to re-use code.
- Understanding how to use polymorphism to perform the same functions in different ways.
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.