Personal Fitness VRE103
This highly practical course helps you to understand what fitness really is, and enables you to develop a balanced fitness program for yourself or for people around you covering topics such as the human body, principals of exercise programming, and weight control.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Reasons for Fitness
- Basic components of physical fitness, reasons for fitness, fitness testing and evaluating endurance.
- Understanding your body
- Body structure, cardio respiratory system and aerobic/anaerobic energy.
- Testing your fitness
- Types of fitness tests, differences due to age and gender and evaluating different types of fitness tests.
- Exercises for specific purposes
- Types of exercise, developing physique, basic conditioning exercises, and exercises for specific problems.
- Nutrition and Weight control
- Nutrition basics, weight control and planning a diet.
- Endurance and Suppleness
- Assessing how supple your body is, exercises that increase suppleness.
- Home Medicine and First Aid
- Basic first aid, acupressure and alternative vs mainstream medicine.
- Designing an Exercise Program
- Designing a program, assessing fitness and designing an appropriate program.
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.