Study Photographic Techniques -Online course or Distance Education Course
- Learn how to make your pictures stand out from the crowd!
Self paced, 100 hour course with personal tuition from qualified professional photographers
This is a great course is for improving photographic skills and extending your potential to work as a photographer.
- Discover how to tell a story with an image
- How to turn your photographic skills into a business
- Understand the photographic industry
- Special photographic techniques
- How to photograph anything well
- Produce photos with special effects
This course can help you understand the potentials and limitations of a camera and conceive ideas to find a way around difficulties you encounter. It is designed to help turn you into a more flexible and skilled photographer.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Choosing the subject, Lighting the subject, Placing the subject in the frame, Choosing the medium for recording,
- Photographing People
- Snapshots, Portraiture, Posing for Photographs, Nude Photography, Fashion, Photography & Wedding Photography
- Nature & Landscape Photography
- Photographing Water, Plants, Landscapes & other Natural subjects
- Colour vs. black & white
- Types of film, Analysing photos, Photography for newspapers, etc.
- Special Techniques
- Creating Effects,Sport Photography, Cropping, Non Standard Film(eg.Lith Film, InfraRed etc)
- Illustrative Photography
- Telling a story with a photo (eg. advertising, sports event, fashion parade or art exhibition), Streetscape photography etc.
- Illustrating articles, Analysing photos in magazines, Understanding the industry and photo opportunities
- Business Opportunities in Photography
- Freelance photography, Commercial photography, Planning a Photographic Session, Studio Photography, What to Charge, Gallery Sales, Written Contracts.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Compose photographs in a way that matches a predetermined aim.
- Explain a variety of ways to take better photographs of people.
- Explain a variety of ways to take better photographs of landscapes or other natural subjects.
- Differentiate between appropriate use of colour and black and white photography.
- Create varied visual affects through the use of special techniques.
- Explain a variety of ways to take better illustrative photographs.
- Explain a variety of ways to take better photographs for use in print or electronic media.
- Determine the nature and scope of business opportunities in photography.
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.