|Qualification||Statement of Attainment|
|Payment Options||Upfront & Payment Plans|
|Delivery||Online & Correspondence|
A good supervisor or foreman can make a big difference in any workplace in many ways: improving productivity, job satisfaction, sustainability, staff retention and more. Supervisory skills are an asset in any mediam or large organisation; and and essential for success in any small business. This course teaches you all these things and more.
There are 10 lessons as follows:
1. Introduction - Functions of a supervisor, Organisational structures and heirachy, Bases for organisational structure, Organisational charts, Supervisors responsibilities, How supervisors fit into an organisation, What does a supervisor do.
2. Understanding the work place - Government and private personnel departments, unions; Law and employees, Contracted responsibilities, Discrimination, Liability for staff actions, Workplace elements.
3. Communications and human relations -Influence in the workplace (formal authority, Reward and punishment, Knowledge, Leadership, Power, etc), Familiarity, Managing Aptitude (Status, Prestige, Loyalty, Security, Friendship, Personality, Workload, etc), Good Business Writing, Memoranda, Letters.
4. Motivating employees - Internal Incentives, Environmental Incentives, Practical ways to motivate
5. Organising the work place - Good work habits, Planning a Work schedule, Establishing priorities, Improving results, Project planning and management tools, Organising the work space.
6. Problem solving techniques - Solving problems, Guidelines for making decisions, Types of problem, solvers, Different ways to solve problems, Involving others, A Classic Problem Solving Technique
7. Discipline, complaints and grievances - Levels of discipline (reprimanding, fixing, blame, formal warning, removing privileges, termination of employment, legal action), Increasing self discipline, Introducing change, Giving orders.
8. Interviewing, recruitment, training - Job interviews, Successful interviewing, Resumes/ C.V's, Training Staff, Staff Procedure Documents, Staff contracts,
9. Work place safety -Cost of injury and illness, Duty of Care, Accidents, Managing manual work safely, Protective equipment
10. Dealing with management/worker participation/ report writing/ staff meetings - Purpose of meetings, Leading a meeting, Problems with meetings, Meeting documentation
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland, you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant SchemeStudent support
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people. Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course.
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Call our student support today on 041 214 0000 or Email FacultyGet more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s, education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do. While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades, those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?