Make sure your management style is grounded in the 'tried and true'.
- Learn to be a skilled manager
- Explore theories and procedures, problem solving and decision making tactics
- Study staff management, organisation management, ethics -100 hour self paced course
Developed by professionals with substantial industry experience, this is the perfect foundation for any successful career in private or public enterprise.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Introduction and Organisational Structures
- Types of Organisations
- Legal Status of Different Organisations
- The Organisatopn's Liability for Staff Action
- Basic Contract Law
- Roles for Managers
- Management Objectives
- Management Processes
- The Mission Statement
- Different Types of Managers
- Different Levels of Management
- Organisational Structures; formal and informal
- Division of Responsibilities
- Understanding the Workplace
- Scope of Office Work
- Report Writing
- Theories and Procedures of Management
- Motivating Employees
- Classic School of Management Theory
- Behavioural School of Management Theory
- Management Science School of Management Theory
- Other Management Theorists and their Ideas; Weber, Barnard, Follett, Mazlow, Herzberg
- Contingency Planning
- Introducing Change
- Giving Orders
- Types of Orders
- Problem Solving and Making Decisions
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving Technique
- Types of Managers
- Group Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Planning Processes
- Implementing Plans
- Time Management
- Planning for Your Organisation
- The Importance of Planning
- Developing a Business Plan
- Lateral Thinking
- Management Styles and External Influences
- Management Styles
- Target Oriented Management
- Process Oriented Management
- Interactive Oriented Management
- Management as Leaders
- Perceptual Barriers
- Perceptual Change
- Motivating Employees to Change their Perception
- Other Factors affecting Managers Effectiveness; Stress, Self Esteem, Career Management, Security etc
- Employing People and Interview Skills
- Advertising for New Staff
- Anti Discrimination
- Communication at an Interview
- Common Communication Barriers
- Staff Training
- Training Programs
- Conversation with Trainees
- Staff Management
- Scope and Nature
- Learn to Plan
- Steps for Successful Goal Achievement
- Managing Staff Levels
- Why do you need Clear Procedures
- Writing Procedures
- Quality Assurance (Compliance Procedures)
- Job Satisfaction
- Professional Supervision
- Dealing with Grievences
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Ethics and Equity
- Codes of Conduct
- Interpreting Code of Conduct
- Refund Policy
- Honesty and Fairness
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Privacy Considerations
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain the role of managers in an organization and the kinds of organizations in which they function.
- Identify the processes and procedures that are associated with the effective management of staff in the workplace.
- Describe the use of motivation in the workplace and the effects this can have on staff performance.
- Describe how to recruit and interview a new staff member for a specific job in an organisation.
- Discuss workgroup project preparation, costing, performance analysis and goal completion from a managerial perspective.
- Describe the principles of Occupational Health and Safety policies, and their application in your industry sector.
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you
can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland,
you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant Scheme
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0419803370 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.