Dairy Cattle BAG205 Course is a very practical foundation course; providing unique and extensive support from university qualified and industry experienced experts. If you want to learn about dairy cattle and their management, this is the course for you.
This is a very practical foundation course; providing unique and extensive support from university qualified and industry experienced experts. If you want to learn about dairy cattle and their management, this is the course for you.
"The course was put together very well. It covered all the important aspects of dairy farming and offered some important practical hands-on information that other courses lacked. I thoroughly enjoyed it and feel now that I have equipped myself to work on a dairy farm." K McKenzie, Australia - Dairy Cattle
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Dairy Breeds
- Dairy Products
- The Lactation Cycle
- Pests & Diseases of Dairy Cattle
- Feeding Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Cattle
- Breeding Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Facilities
- Dairy Business Planning
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Select appropriate dairy breeds for different farming situations.
- Describe the different characteristics, including their nature and scope, of dairy products.
- Explain the management of the lactation cycle in dairy cattle, on a farm property.
- Manage general husbandry operations for the dairy cow.
- Manage the wellbeing of a dairy cow, including consideration of its health and vigour, to optimise quality and quantity of production.
- Explain the significance of animal breeding programs for milk production.
- Explain the management of the facilities, including buildings and machinery, at a farm dairy.
- Develop a business plan for the management of a dairy property.
Request your free info pack today!