|Payment Options||Upfront & Payment Plans|
|Delivery||Online & Correspondence|
A great course for those with some general horticultural knowledge – all aspects of hydroponics are covered in this well-rounded course from growing to marketing!
This subject has 30 lessons, each requiring about 12‑15 hours of study:
1. Introduction to Hydroponic Technology
2. Plant Growth Requirements – Light , artificial light, light balancers
3. Plant Growth Requirements ‑ Nutrition‑ nutrient requirements, deficiencies, toxicities, pH, conductivity, salinity, growth regulators
4. Plant Growth Requirements ‑ Temperature
5. Hydroponic Growing Systems ‑ basic concepts and designs, site considerations.
6. Growing Media ‑ types, properties, uses.
7. Hydroponic Nutrient Solutions ‑ nutrient formulae, preparing solutions.
8. Hydroponic Equipment ‑ componentry, nutrient delivery, pumping, testing
9. Growing Structures ‑ Design and Construction ‑ types
10. Environmental Control A ‑ Heating, Cooling
11. Environmental Control B ‑ Lighting, Shading.
12. Environmental Control C ‑ Carbon Dioxide Enrichment
13. Plant Culture In Hydroponics A ‑ trellising, pruning, pollination, transplanting.
14. Plant Culture In Hydroponics B
15. Aggregate Culture
16. Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) Culture
17. Rockwool Culture
18. Other Techniques ‑ wick systems, flood & drain, bag culture, aeroponics, etc.
19. Irrigation ‑ Soil Requirements
20. Irrigation Systems
21. Plant Propagation ‑ seed & cutting propagation & tissue culture
22. Market Gardening ‑ Cut Flowers
23. Market Gardening ‑ Vegetables
24. Other Plants In Hydroponics ‑ herbs, grasses, indoor plants
25. Pest and Diseases - dentifying the problem, pests and diseases in hydroponics
26. Weeds ‑ identification and control
27. Managing A Commercial Hydroponics Farm ‑ crop scheduling & selection standards
28. Management ‑ Organisation and Supervision
29. Marketing ‑ Promotion and Selling
30. Special Project -Prepare a detailed report of at least 2,000 words, plus photos or diagrams, on a particular aspect of technology which you have studied that significantly assists growing.
1. To provide a sound basis of knowledge in horticultural principles as they apply to the culture, use and management of plants in various production situations.
2. To provide new and existing employees who are unable to undertake on campus training with the opportunity to gain appropriate knowledge in the field of plant culture, use and management.
3. To prepare employees for supervisory and managerial positions in the field of plant culture, use and management.
4. To provide horticultural business owner/operators (or those contemplating ownership) with appropriate training to apply technical skills to the management of the physical, financial and human resources in which they have made, or will make, a substantial investment.
5. To provide an understanding of modern technology and its application to growing plants, with emphasis being placed on hydroponics production of commercially valuable plants.
Request your free info pack today!
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland, you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant SchemeStudent support
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people. Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course.
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s, education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do. While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades, those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?