Cottage Garden Design
Cottage Garden Design BHT110
Become an Expert on Cottage Gardens
How to Stand Out as a Landscape Professional?
Every client wants a garden that is a little different, and one that will impress their friends.
Every client is a little different in their tastes -likes and dislikes!
Landscape designers and contractors who produce great gardens, but always in a similar style, (no matter how popular that style is); will always be competing with each other to "stand out" from the crowd; and convincew clients that they can offer that "little bit extra"
By learning about a garden style that other landscapers are not so familiar with; you may be able to offer them something that other landscapers cannot offer!
Some landscapers use this course to become a "specialist"; specialising in the design of cottage gardens. Others may still work on a wide variety of gardens; but what they learn here may just give them a different perspective that can be applied to far more than just cottage style gardens.
“This is a fantastic course for anyone with an interest in cottage gardens or for landscapers and designers wishing to broaden their repertoire. All aspects of cottage gardening are covered from the historical perspective through to plant selection and plans, and students are able to exercise their knowledge by designing their own cottage garden.” - Gavin Cole B.Sc., Psych.Cert., Cert.Garden Design, MACA, Tutor
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction To Cottage Gardens
- History Of Cottage Gardens
- Design Techniques and Drawing Plans
- Plants For Cottage Gardens
- Planting Design In Cottage Gardens
- Landscape Features and Components
- Cottage Gardens Today
- Special Assignment - Design Of A Complete Garden.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- On successful completion of the course you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the concept of a cottage garden.
- Prepare concept plans for cottage gardens.
- Prepare planting designs for cottage gardens.
- Plan the incorporation of appropriate non-living landscape features in a cottage garden.
- Prepare a detailed design for a cottage garden.
Request your free information pack today!