Learn skills to make informed decisions on the selection, care and use of indoor plants.
- Learn to identify hundreds of indoor plants systematically and easier
- Learn how to grow plants inside, their care and use
- Indulge your passion or increase your commercial skills
A useful course for nurserymen, interior plant suppliers, florists, interior designers, indoor event managers, gardeners and horticulturists.
To be successful with indoor plants, you need to be able firstly, to identify correctly, the plants you are dealing with; and then secondly, understand the conditions required for the specific plant variety concerned.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Plant Naming and pronunciation
- Review of indoor plant families
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part A
- Understanding interior environments
- Plants for different light conditions
- Problems with indoor plants
- Potting Media
- Potting up
- Container selection
- Managing plant nutrition
- Pruning indoor plants
- Propagation and caring for young indoor plants
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part B
- Acclimatizing indoor plants
- Helping plants survive neglect
- Managing plant health indoors
- Foliage Plants
- Growing palms inside
- Review of palm genera
- Selecing and Growing Ferns inside
- Review of other foliage plant genera
- Flowering Plants
- African violets
- Other genera grown for flowers indoors.
- Other Indoor Plants
- Vines and Climbers
- Making The Best Use Of Indoor Plants
- Deciding where to place an indoor plant
- Managing colour
- Using mirrors
- Plants in baskets
- Hydroponics indoors
- Miniature gardens
- The Interior Plantscaping Industry
- Interior Plantscaping Business
- Growing in Greenhouses
- Environmental control
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Distinguish between different types of indoor plants
- Describe the cultural methods used for growing various indoor plants
- Evaluate a range of plants not commonly grown indoors for their suitability for interior plantscaping.
- Select appropriate plants for different interior plantscaping situations.
- Develop innovative ways of presenting plants for indoor situations.
- Explain the interior plantscaping industry, including its nature and scope.
Interested? Request a free information pack today!