Study How to Grow Fruit Trees and other Fruits, at home; and become an expert at growing fruit.
- Study Fruit Growing; work on an orchard, start a business or develop your self sufficiency
- Grow your horticultural skills, learning from highly qualified horticulture tutors who know the industry, plants and growing techniques well. Benefit from their decades of experience
- Self paced, flexible, 100 hour course
This course is ideal for anyone serious about fruit growing; from the small hobby farmer to orchard worker, or enthusiastic amateur who aspires to win first prize for their fruit at the local garden show.
This course lays the foundation for improved success with growing fruit; no matter whether you seek greater sustainability in your life, or wish to explore or improve career or business opportunities.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Temperate Fruit Growing
- Identify different types of fruit crops, which can be successfully grown in your region.
- Establishing an Orchard
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard.
- General Cultural Practices
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part A).
- Tree Fruits
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part B).
- Vines, Nuts & Berries
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part C).
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part D).
- Cultural Management of a Fruit Plantation or Orchard
- Develop a calendar for cultural management of a fruit plantation, or orchard.
- Marketing Your Produce
- Formulate appropriate methods for marketing specific fruit crops grown in your locality.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Request your free info pack today!
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you
can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland,
you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant Scheme
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0419803370 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.