|Qualification||Statement of Attainment|
|Payment Options||Upfront & Payment Plans|
|Delivery||Online & Correspondence|
CAD is used for product design, development, and optimisation through the use of
software. It is adaptable and widely used in a variety of industries, such as tool and
machinery design, construction, architecture and urban planning, landscaping,
publishing, and interior design.
1. Scope & Nature of Computer Aided Design
• History of Technical Drawing
• History of CAD
• Why CAD?
• Overview of Applications of CAD
• Solid Modelling or Manufacturing
• Surface Modelling
• Drafting Detailing
• Reverse Engineering
2. Types of CAD Software
• CAD System Components
• Popular CAD Software
• Create a CAD Project
3. CAD Design Principles
• Basics of CAD
• Cartesian Coordinate System
• Spatial Reasoning
• Orthographic Projections
• CAD Design General Principles
• CAD Design Process & Effective Use Principles
4. Landscape Mapping and Planning
• Plan Types/Site Plan/Base Plan/Topographic Plan
• Concept Plan/Final Plan and Other Plans
• How Landscape Plans are Presented
• Steps In the Design Procedure
• Landscape Graphics
• Surveying and Measurement
• Area Measurement
• Measurement of Volume
• Limitations of CAD in Landscape Design
5. Construction and Engineering
• CAD in Construction
• Building Information Modelling
• Application to Construction
• Architectural Drawings
• Building Services Drawings
• Submission Drawings, Models, Environment Plans
6. Architecture and Urban Planning
• CAD Modelling
• Urban Planning
• Architecture and Architectural Views
• Using Templates
• CAD visualisation and Virtual Tours
• Risk Management, Identification and Assessment
• Building Information Modelling
• Computer Numerical Control
• Computer Aided Manufacturing
• Benefits, Design, Financial and Tooling
• Quality and Inspection
• Logistics and Green Strategy
8. Rapid Prototyping
• Why Rapid Prototyping is Important
• The Prototyping Process and types of Rapid Prototyping
• Additive Manufacturing
• Binder Jetting
• Other Manufacturing Techniques
• High Speed Machining, Laser Cutting & Water Cutting
• Electrical Discharge Machining
• Extruding, Moulding, Casting and Injection Moulding
9. 3D Printing
• History of 3D Printing and Types of 3D Printing
• 3D Scanners
• Types of Software and Slicer Software
• Type of Printing Materials
• Advantages and Disadvantages of 3D Printing
• Applications and the Future of 3D Printing
10. Further Applications
• Enhanced Reality
• Augmented Reality
• Virtual Reality
• Mixed Reality
• Artificial Intelligence
• Generative Design
• The Cloud
• Customisation and Other Applications
Computer-aided design (CAD has largely replaced manual hand drafting. It is a software programme that makes it easier to develop and visualise ideas, as well as alter and improve them. Although learning CAD can be difficult and time-consuming, it minimises the amount of time and effort required to develop visual renderings of designs. Apply computer technology to design
and assist planning in a range of industries, including landscaping, construction, engineering, and manufacturing.
Get your free information pack!
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland, you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant SchemeStudent support
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people. Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course.
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s, education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do. While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades, those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?