Develop a foundation for understanding robotics, and potential applications for robots.
Learn about types of robots, their components, how they work, maintenance and applications.
A robot is a mechanical or virtual assistant that can simulate some human functions or movements. In the real world, it is an autonomous machine capable of sensing its environment, performing computations to make decisions, and executing actions. A robot is usually an electromechanical system, which, by its appearance or actions, gives the impression that it has some abilities on its own.
Robots vary in their size, design, and capabilities. The term ‘robot’ refers to both physical and virtual software tools, but virtual robots are usually called bots.
In this course you will develop a foundation for understanding robotics and learn about different types and possible uses of robots.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Types of Robots
- A Brief History of Robotics
- Types of Physical Robots
- Robotic Actuators
- Mechanical Components of Robots
- Robot Movement
- Robotic Sensors
- Types of Sensors
- Signal Processing
- Power Supply & Control Systems
- Power Supply
- Control Systems
- Types of Robot Control Techniques
- Control Systems Used in Robots
- Configuration and Workspace
- Structure of Robots
- Configurations and Configuration Space
- Robot Brain
- Developments in Autonomy
- Robot Maintenance
- Why maintenance
- Preventative maintenance
- After breakdown maintenance
- Maintenance planning
- Industrial Robots
- Service Robots
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
• Define a robot and discuss different types of robots.
• Describe different types of robotic components.
• Describe a variety of sensors used in robotics.
• Describe different options for power supply, and different control systems in robots.
• Explain the application of kinematics to robotics.
• Discuss cybernetics and its application to robotics.
• Determine maintenance procedures to be applied with different types of robots.
• Explain a range of different applications for robots in different industries.
Get your free info pack today!