Aromatherapy Health Applications
Understand applications for aromatherapy that are used to improve well-being.
Aromatherapy is the use of scent – or aroma – for therapeutic purposes. (Although it is sometimes referred to as the use of fragrance, fragrance has a specific meaning tied to concentration of active ingredient.)
There are many ways to leverage the therapeutic power of scent, from using candles and incense through to washing with particular hair and body products. Oils are also used in a variety of ways, including massage, or as a complement to alternative health treatments. Understanding the principles of aromatherapy, and the benefits of the most common scents, can be useful in a variety of contexts within and without the health world.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Essential Oil Properties A
- Essential Oil Properties B
- Oil Extraction
- The Physiology and Psychology of Aromatherapy
- Applications of Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Safety
- Aromatherapy Treatment
- Body Systems – Part 1
- Body Systems – Part 2
- Running your business
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Identify the different properties of essential oils and describe their effects on the body.
- Identify the various methods used in extracting essential oils.
- Describe how essential oils can enter the bloodstream and the process of olfaction.
- Learn some of the more common application methods used with essential oils in aromatherapy.
- Ensure that essential oils are used in a safe and controlled manner and identify situations where aromatherapy might not be appropriate.
- Develop an aromatherapy treatment plan for a client.
- Identify which essential oils would be appropriate for use of various conditions relating to specific body systems.
- Understand the scope and nature of an aromatherapy business.
Request your free info pack now!