Learn to be sensitive to the needs of children, and more capable of interacting in a positive way with children during therapy. Review different approaches for helping children with internalising and externalising problems. Add to your counselling skills.
Make a Difference to the Lives of Children
Improve your skillset so that you can offer the best counselling service to children that they could hope for. Learn new ways to help children overcome difficult times in their lives.
Take this course to find out more about what influences childhood mental health, the unique problems involved with interviewing and assessing children, and some different strategies for helping children with different types of mental health issues.
Become more sensitive to the needs of children, and more capable of interacting in a positive way with children during counselling.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Types & Causes of Childhood Problems
- Assessment of Childhood Problems (including ethical/legal considerations)
- Counselling for Internalising Problems & Disorders I: Anxiety
- Counselling for Internalising Problems & Disorders II: Depression
- Counselling for Externalising Problems & Disorders III: Eating Disorders
- Counselling for Externalising Problems & Disorders IV: Conduct Disorders
- Counselling for Other Problems & Disorders
- Other Counselling Approaches
- Problem based learning
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.