There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss
- Obesity Defined
- Life Events
- Middle Age
- Stopping Smoking
- Weight gain linked to Medication
- Weight gain following Injury or Illness
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss Industry
- Health Programs
- Meal Replacement Products
- Surgery for Weight Loss
- Managing Physical Activity
- Role of Physical Activity in Energy Balance
- Role of Physical Activity Raising Metabolic Rate
- Bone Mass Maintenance
- Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Specific Aspects of Exercise When Overweight
- Tips to get started with Exercise
- Types of Exercise and Effectiveness for Weight Loss
- Cardiovascular Activity
- Optimum Target Heart Rate for Fat Burning
- Resistance Activities
- Exercise Progression
- Recommending Exercise
- Managing the Diet
- Teaching Portion Control
- Beginning to Address Portion Control
- Energy Density
- Fats and Energy Density
- Sources of Fats
- Tips to Reduce Fat
- Practical Tips Based on Daily Meal Plan
- Sugar and Weight Reducing
- General Weight Loss Tips
- Using Food Diaries
- Nutrition Resources and Lesson Planning
- Managing the Psychology
- Eating and Emotions
- The Brain and Weight Management
- Managing the Psychology
- Helping People to Make Changes
- Stages og Change Explained -Pre contemplation, Contemplation, Preparation, Action, Maintenance, Relapse
- Tools for the Consultant
- Determining Weight Status of Clients
- Administering Weight Checks
- Calculating BMI
- Interpreting BMI
- Setting Targets
- Determining Waiste Measurement
- Health Evaluation
- Nutritional Advice
- Running Supermarket Tours
- Food Labels
- Delivering Weight Loss Services
- Individual Consultations
- Features of an Ideal One to One Consultation
- Good Questioning Skills
- Running Group Sessions
- Running Independant Weight Management Group Sessions
- Joining an Established Weight Management Business
- Potential Barriers to Weight Loss
- Social Issues and Pressure
- Time Constraints
- Physical Limitations
- Psychological Limitations
- Hormonal Issues
- Conducting a Weight Loss Consultation
- The Next Step
- Target Marketing
- PBL Project -A major project where you:
- -Explain the basics of obesity, explain fully the causes, symptoms, and associated health risks.
- -Identify a target market that will benefit from your services.
- -Develop a marketing strategy to attract clients from your target market
- -Identify the nutritional, physical exercise, and psychological contributions to obesity.
- -Identify and convey the importance of addressing all of the above elements in a successful weight loss programme.
- -Present clear, concise and readily understandable guidelines that address appropriate interventions for the clients to take home and follow
- -Develop appropriate assessment tools and strategies to identify and monitor your clients needs.
- -Discuss the challenges for your client to adhere to the programme, and outline strategies to support them.
- -Compare and contrast the dietary, exercise and psychological strategies you have decided to use, with other weight loss strategies you have decided not to use (e.g. surgery, meal replacement drinks, medication)
- -Represent complex health information in a clear, simple format, readily understandable by the individual assuming they have little or no nutritional background
- Establishing a Weight Loss Business
- Starting a New Business
- Personality and Lifestyle
- Industry Knowledge and Experience
- Starting a Business versus Buying a Franchise
- Business Plans
- The Planning Process
- The Marketing PlanPromotion, Advertising, Networking
- Summary of a Successful Business
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Explain factors that affect weight in a body.
- Determine the scope and nature of the weight loss industry in your region.
- Explain the role of physical activity in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain the role of dietary change in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain a variety of ways that psychology can be applied to the control of weight.
- Determine weight status of clients
- Select and implement and manage the use of different techniques to control weight in clients
- Identify a viable weight loss service, and those things that must be done to optimize the chance of ongoing success.
- Adapt dietary resources based on needs of an individual or a particular group.
- Planning to start a weight management group
- Develop a weight management service as a business
If you are an Irish citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you
can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are a resident of Ireland,
you may also be eligible to receive a student grant under the Student Grant Scheme
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0419803370 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.